Saturday 15 April 2017

Easter Makeup Look

With Easter this weekend, it gives all makeup lovers a chance to go a little above their normal daily makeup look. For those who are used to sticking with neutral colours, this gives them the opportunity to add some colour. Today I will be talking about a few different products that I believe would work well to create a cute look for the easter weekend. Before I start off I wanted to mention that I will not be including products such as foundations, concealers or powders. Also I will only be giving a brief description of how and why I would use each product, not a full in depth tutorial due to the fact that this is only a written component and not a video component. 

Face:

Blush: 

The blush I would choose to wear in an easter makeup look would be the tarte amazonian clay blush in paaarty. This blush is a pinky/nude colour and looks gorgeous on the skin. The consistency of the blush is creamy and smooth and is not a powdery mess at all! Also this blush is very pigmented so you do not need to use a lot, which allows you to get numerous uses out of it. You can pick up a bit of the product and apply it with a light hand for a subtle glow or you can use a bit of a heavier hand to achieve a more defined look. This blush retails for $35 Canadian and $28 US. 














Highlighter: 

The highlighter I chose for this look was the Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Powder in the shade in Devotion. I just want to point out before I continue that on the Sephora website it does state that this particular shade of the product works best on fair to medium skin tones, fair especially. This is the way I would describe my own skin tone, however I do believe that this would still work nicely on those with darker skin tones. That being said, this highlighter is one of my absolute favourites that I think can be worn everyday, or on a night out. If you are looking for a slight glow, simply get a small amount of the product on a fan brush and apply it to the cheek bones. This will still catch the light but definitely will not be blinding. If you like a more dramatic highlight, sweep your brush in it a few times and apply it on to the skin and repeat if needed. This product retails for $53 Canadian and $44 US. 











Eyes:

Eyeshadow:

The eyeshadows I chose to use come from two different eyeshadow palettes. One of the palettes I will be using is the Urban Decay Naked Palette (the first one). The other palette I will be using is the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Volume II Palette.

The colours I chose to use from the Tarte palette are, pearl and conch. Conch I will use to sweep all across the lid as a base colour and pearl I will be placing in my inner corner and along my brow bone. This palette retails for $47 Canadian and $36 US. 
















The colours I chose to use from the Urban Decay palette are, sin, toasted and hustle. First I will be layering sin over where I placed Conch earlier, all across the lid. Next i will take toasted and work it throughout the crease of my eye. Lastly, I will take hustle and place it into the outer corner of my eye. After all of this is done I would just blend it all out. This palette retails for $66 Canadian and $54 US. 














Eyeliner:

The liquid eyeliner I chose to use to create a small wing is the Elf expert liquid eyeliner in jet black. This retails for $2 on the Elf website. The eyeliner I chose to use on my waterline and lower lash line to add a pop of colour is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the colour Asphyxia. This eyeliner is a really pretty light frosty purple. This retails for $25 Canadian and when I looked on the US website it was actually not available :(












Lips:

Lipstick:

For lipstick the one I chose is the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Creme Lipstick in the shade Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. I would describe this colour as a dark rose/nude shade and it is described on the website as a baked rose shade. This product retails for $38 Canadian and $30 US. 


















OR

Liquid Lipstick:

The liquid lipstick I chose for this look is the Tarte Tartiest Creamy Matte Lip Paint in the shade Birthday Suit. I would describe this colour as a light pink/nude shade. This product retails for $24 Canadian and $20 US. 

















Although a number of people might describe this makeup look as still pretty neutral, I think it’s a great look for the Easter weekend and a great way to step up your normal makeup routine. Thank you for reading, I hope you have a great Easter weekend with your families! :)


All photos come from the products websites!


No comments:

Post a Comment